BlogLovin

Follow

Friday 10 June 2011

Jar Number 2

Jar Number 2
The kitchen clock recently broke, so it was time to throw it out.
Since I have started this project I've been reluctant to throw anything out incase I can use it. I thought the clock looked interesting and wondered if I could make it into something. But, as I looked at the broken pieces, I got to thinking about time.
I'm sure, at some point, we have all wished time would slow down.
I know, as a ill person, I often wish time would slow, for me to catch up. I got sick when I was young. I watched my friends and family grow up, evolve and move on with their lives. Where as I stayed still, stagnate, unable to catch up.
I suspect also at some point or another, we have also had a moment we wish we could capture. A time so perfect, we want it to last. To put a lid on it and remember forever.
So this is how Jar 2 evolved. From looking at the mechanics of a broken clock, trying to merge the pieces into something new. To making a new clock, putting it into a jar and closing the lid. Thereby freezing that moment in time, forever staying still but yet life moving forward outside the glass.


Contents: Cardboard Clock
Released into wild: 10/6/11 at 9:30am
General Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol
Status: Found by Joseph and Andy 20th June



No comments:

Post a Comment