BlogLovin

Follow

Friday 24 June 2011

Jar number 4

Jar Number 4 
(the serendipity jar) 


Not a lot in my life is serendipitous, and I don't get use that word enough. But this jar and it's placing can only be described as pure serendipity. 
Firstly, to start at the start with the making of this jar. I have a love of trees, the way nature has evolved to make these beautiful subcultures out of wood. I am in awe. I am not as clever as nature so I made a tree out of green wire.

Secondly, I planed to place this jar in Stoke Gifford and my previously mentioned friend Mark, (of Jarchives fame) was going to come and keep me company. But life went against us and he couldn't make it down. So I decided to go up to him in Clifton and place my first jar up there.
It just so happened that he had found a prefect place to put a jar. He had found it a little while ago and thought he would show me to see if I agreed. 
Now at this point he had not seen the jar I had created. But guess where he thought to put it?????
In the hollow of a tree, the most perfectly, jar sized hollow you have ever seen. I am in awe of the wonderful place my jar now lives. 
A tree inside a jar, inside a tree.
I cannot tell you how happy this has made me, serendipity rules the day!  
Contents: Wire and Beads
Released into wild: 23rd June 7:30pm
General Location: Clifton, Bristol
Status: Found September 2015
 


I could go on to how our jar placing turned into a unsuccessful jar hunt, but how we did manage to find some of the previous hiding places (and help a man who was lost). I think, however it would take away from the truly magical moment that this day has created.
Tonight I can go to sleep, happy in the knowledge that today was magically serendipitous.    

No comments:

Post a Comment